Like every other sport ever played, there have been some iconic moments in cricket that have been captured forever through photographs. Here are 44 of the best moments that the gentleman’s game has ever seen:
1. The Little Master walks out to bat one final time.
Sachin in his last match against West Indies at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
2. Anil Kumble’s 10-wicket haul at Ferozshah Kotla.
Kumble took all 10 wickets in one innings against Pakistan, leading India to victory and setting a world record.
3. The beautiful Galle stadium in Sri Lanka wrecked after the tsumani hit.
4. Yuvraj Singh’s iconic sixth six off Stuart Broad in one over.
Yuvraj Singh hit 6 sixes in an over at the 2007 T20 World Cup against England right after an argument with Andrew Flintoff.
5. The moment when India won its first World Cup in 1983.
After Jimmy Amarnath took the last West Indian wicket of Micheal Holding, the crowd rushed in.
6. Dada gives a fitting reply to Flintoff after India beat England at Lord’s in the Natwest final.
Flintoff had taken of his jersey in similar fashion 7 months ago after defeating India at the Wankhede, and Ganguly took the opportunity to repay the favour at Lord’s as India chased down 326.
7. Bees attack the Ferozshah Kotla ground during a Test match between India and Australia.
8. The day when Australia put on a record-breaking total and the Proteas chased it down.
Australia put on a mammoth total of 434 but the real miracle happened when South Africa chased it down with 1 wicket and 1 over to spare.