The newly built Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Village in Harumi is currently hosting the athletes from around the world. The games are being held with all the safety measures in place and this is what the village looks like with its one-of-a-kind infrastructural facilities.
1. There’s separate housing facilitiy for athletes from different countries.
You can see the national flags hanging from apartment balconies.
2. There are 21 towers, 14-18 stories high, with a total of 3,600 rooms housing 11,000 athletes.
3. Each bedroom is furnished with a special Games blanket, AC units, and cardboard beds.
4. The dining hall is open 24/7.
The two-floor Main Dining Hall is one of the more expansive buildings in the Village and offers 700 food options.
The tables are separated by plexiglass barriers.
I’ll start my thread again with Fran from Team 🇦🇷.— val 🇻🇪 (@valdeff) July 21, 2021
Do you want to know how are the dinning halls in the Olympic village? Well here you have it.
and while you are there you can always run into a tennis goat, who knows. https://t.co/HNwq08C0eS pic.twitter.com/ovRYAwVFLo
5. The machines in the fitness centre also separated by plexiglass barriers.
6. The security checkpoints have temperature checks and sanitizing stations.
7. There’s a separate fever clinic for COVID-19 testing.
8. The entire village is situated on waterfront.
9. Autonomous cars to move around the village.
The automated buses in the Olympic village— Miss Rachel (@RakeriSays) July 26, 2021
(Video credits go to the creators whose handles appear on the videos) pic.twitter.com/Z85iVHh1iN
Super cool Automated buses in the Tokyo Olympic games village🔥🔥😁 pic.twitter.com/pIGmMb7QHs— Sathiyan Gnanasekaran (@sathiyantt) July 19, 2021
10. Flag walkways and the Olympic rings.
11. Views from the rooms.
12. Drinks anytime, anywhere for free.
13. The recreation center.
Check out the recreation centre at the #Tokyo2020 Olympic and Paralympic Village! 🏨— #Tokyo2020 (@Tokyo2020) July 13, 2021
Take a trip to the onsen, ride the subway and make the #2020beat with the AR filming booth 😍 #kawaii#UnitedByEmotion | #StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/Aiq1YXgDOW
Several videos showing behind the scenes of the Olympic village are also doing rounds on social media.
Since then, videos by athletes taking us inside the rules they have to adhere to as well as the Olympic village have quickly become a favorite.— Miss Rachel (@RakeriSays) July 26, 2021
Things in the Olympic village that just make sense. pic.twitter.com/IiCfXMKu5v