There’s nothing wrong with not being a fan of football (though you really consider giving football a shot), but it is unforgivable to pretend to be a fan. That could get you in trouble or worse, make you a laughing stock. Here’s how you tell a real football fan from a fake one.
1. REAL FAN: “Did you see the match last night?”
FAKE FAN: “Was there a match last night? Who won?”
2. A real fan watches all matches. But doesn’t always post on social media.
A fake fan checks score online so he can post a status about it.
3. A real fan is genuinely saddened by his club’s defeat.
A fake fan h ardly cares but pretends to be sad.
4. A real fan learns about players from things what he watches or reads.
A fake fan learns names from the FIFA video game.
5. A real fan buys jerseys of smaller clubs as well.
A fake fan o nly buys merchandise of famous teams.
6. REAL FAN: “Outer, tap in, lace shot, side foot, rabona, step over, minus.”
FAKE FAN: “Banana kick, bicycle kick, very fast kick, long pass.”
7. A real fan knows how to pronounce the names of foreign players.
A fake fan s ays it like it is spelt.
8. A real fan knows the history of his favourite club.
A fake fan c annot name players from last season’s squad.
9. A real fan has always been loyal to a particular club.
A fake fan w ill support whoever is on top.
10. A real fan knows the youngsters and upcoming players.
A fake fan k nows only famous names.
The Indian Super
Feature Image: flickr.com/Live4Soccer(L4S)
Sponsored by Indian Super League
Top picks for you
FootballSnigdha Nalini Oreyaabout 15 hours ago | 2 min read
CricketHarshita Singhabout 17 hours ago | 3 min read