Virat Kohli seems to be going from strength to strength. Having recently overtaken Ponting to become the second highest century maker in ODI history, Kohli has now overtaken another sporting great, albeit, off the field.
According to reports on The New Indian Express, Virat Kohli stands ahead of Barcelona star Lionel Messi when it comes sporting brand value in the latest list released by Forbes.
Easily the most marketable cricketer in India and, arguably the world, Kohli is also ahead of basketball player Steph Curry and golfer Rory McIlroy. Here is the list in full:
- Roger Federer $37.2 million
- LeBron James $33.4 million
- Usain Bolt $27 million
- Cristiano Ronaldo $21.5 million
- Phil Mickelson $19.6 million
- Tiger Woods $16.6 million
- Virat Kohli $14.5 million
- Rory McIlroy $13.6 million
- Lionel Messi $13.5 million
- Steph Curry $13.4 million
Top picks for you
ViralVasudha Sabharwalin 1 minute | 2 min read
ViralNisha Singhabout 4 hours ago | 3 min read