Samsung’s next flagship smartphone, expected to be the Galaxy S8, is one of the most anticipated devices this year. And after the explosive Samsung Galaxy Note 7 fiasco, the Galaxy S8 has been the constant topic of speculation.
It was originally believed that Samsung would debut the new phone at MWC 2017, Barcelona’s annual technology tradeshow, in late February. But Samsung has confirmed that won’t be the case.
However, the internet doesn’t like waiting patiently. So, there has been a huge leak which ‘reveals’ a lot of details. The first images of the phone have also made their way online:
From various scoops and rumours, these are the other things we gathered:
Samsung is planning a major design overhaul for this year’s Galaxy S8. The above image testifies to all previous leaks, as it sports a large display with hardly any bezel visible on all sides.
So Samsung has ditched the Home button and integrated its functionality into the display instead – just like Apple’s rumoured iPhone 8.
The Home Button is missing and the fingerprint scanner is at the back adjacent to the camera. making the front sport a minimal ‘all-display’ design.
Here are the other specifications:
- The phone will run on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and will be powered by Android Nougat
- The phone will come in two models; a 5.8-inch display version and one with a 6.2-inch display
- Connectivity and charging will be coming through a USB Type-C port and 3.5mm headphone
- Galaxy S8 will sport a 12MP primary camera and an 8MP front camera and will feature visual search functionality
- Samsung might also come up with its own version of the Google Assistant and Apple’s Siri known as Bixby.
- The Galaxy S8 will have force touch functionality just like Apple iPhones
- The phone will come with 4GB RAM, and 64GB storage.
- The device is expected to be 11 times faster, 23 percent graphics faster, and be 20 percent more battery efficient than its predecessor.
- The battery will be between 3000mAh to 3500mAh
How much will the Galaxy S8 cost?
The 5.8-inch model is expected to cost around €799 (Rs 58,000) and the 6.2-inch model at €899 (Rs 65,000)
Samsung Galaxy S8 will be unveiled on March 29th and will have a worldwide April 21st release according to Venture Beat.