Transformer fans brace yourself! You’re world is about to change.
When you came out of the movie theatres after watching Transformers in 2007, how you wished you could transform you’re car into your favourite character. Now, almost nine years later, though you might not be able to transform you’re car, but you certainly can transform your tablet.
Xiaomi and Hasbro are collaborating for the first time to start a crowdfunding campaign to develop the Mi Pad 3 which can transform into a kickass robot named Soundwave in China, said Hugo Barra, Global VP of Xiaomi.
“R&D worked really hard to ensure that the color, details and feel are exactly the same as Mi Pad 2. They were challenged at turning such a slim 7mm tablet into a 3D robot, but they managed to do so with a 30-step folding assembly.” wrote Barra in his Facebook page.
According to DailyMail UK,
- Soundwave is being produced in honour of Xiaomi’s sixth anniversary
- The crowdfunded campaign is offering the robot ay 129 Yuan or $20
- It folds into a slim 7mm rectangle and folds back with a 30-step process
- The dimensions of the special edition are just like the Mi Pad 2
The features of this transforming tablet are:
- 7.9-inch display
- 2048 x 1536 resolution with pixel density up to 324ppi.
- Quad-core Intel Atom X5-Z8500 processor.
- 2GB RAM
- Intel HD graphics for the GPU.
For those unaware, Soundwave is a Decepticon (the villainous race in the Transformers) and is the main antagonist Megatron’s right hand man. Originally, Soundwave was blue in colour. When it was released as a toy in 1984, it could transform itself into a cassette tape player, reports Daily Mail.
(Feature image source: Facebook page of Hugo Barra)