There are only a few final frontiers left, one of which is Uzbekistan. This former Soviet country is a must visit as it has many unfolded adventures waiting for you.
1. Revive the history of the Silk Road which is full of artistic influences, architecture, and the stories of the cultures between the 9th to 16th century.
2. Visit the Tashkent Metro that was reconstructed in 1966 after an earthquake and get a glimpse of Islamic glam and glitz.
3. Head northwest of Uzbekistan for desert terrain, treks on camels and overnight stays in traditional camel hair yurts.
4. Trains in Uzbekistan are efficient, prolific and in some cases very modern, similar to the high-speed Spanish-design. So make sure you take a ride there.
5. Attend some paper-making classes at the Samarkand paper museum.
6. Explore the Techkitosh and Berloga caves in the valleys beyond Derbent.
7. Go for some picnicking with your friends to the Zaamin National Park.