Do you face trouble while sleeping at night? Insomnia is a lifestyle disease which has got a lot to do with our eating habits, stress and many other factors.
Here are a few tips that can help you sleep like a baby:
Avoid consumption of caffeine at least 4-6 hours before you hit the bed unless you want to end up like a night owl.
2. Say no to alcohol or at least limit its consumption as it can change the sleep pattern and the quality of sleep.
3. Say no to smoking. Nicotine is a stimulant that has the same effects as caffeine which can disturb the sleep pattern.
4. Eat something light before going to bed and try avoiding spicy food. Otherwise you might end up with an upset stomach.
5. A cluttered room equals a distracted mind so, keep it clean and simple. This theory has been backed by research too.
6. Avoid taking mid-day naps as it can alter your sleep pattern. If you really need to take a nap, take a cat nap of not more than 15-20 minutes.
7. Working out can help you deal with stress and anxiety that might be keeping you awake at night.
8. Avoid using your phone or tablet before sleeping. Exposure to blue light emitted from our devices impacts the circadian rhythm which tricks our brain into thinking that it's daytime.
9. Meditation for 10-15 minutes can aide in relaxing the mind and body.
10. Know the perfect room temperature that suits you and keep your room well ventilated or you might end up feeling suffocated.
Sleep tight, y'all!