India is often seen as the land of exotic locations and grand settings. Ancient India was known for its exuberant structures and this particular tradition remains the same in the 21st century as well. The land of culture and grandeur is now host to some of the most beautiful hotels in the world. These are places where you can have the best experiences in your life but it’s sure to burn a hole in your pocket.
1. Maratha Presidential Villa at ITC Grand Bharat, Gurgaon – Rs 5 lakh per night
Colonial flooring and Maratha wooden finishing are the highlights of this 532 sq m suite. Located near the Capital, ITC Grand Bharat’s Presidential Villa successfully fulfils every necessary criteria to be on the list of hotels to visit for an avid (and rich) traveller.
2. Grand Presidential Suite at ITC Maurya, New Delhi – Rs 5 lakh per night
The Mauryan inspired interiors make this two bedroom suite look stunning. This suite has hosted Vladimir Putin and three American Presidents including Barack Obama.
3. Maharaja Suite at The Leela Palace, Udaipur – Rs 6.4 lakh per night
This lake facing 3,552 sqft suite is considered one of the best places to stay in India. In the lavish city of Udaipur, this suite is a favourite among the visitors. Jennifer Lopez is a famous personality who stayed here.
4. Presidential Suite at The St Regis Mumbai – Rs 4.5 lakh per night
This 3,000 sq ft suite at Level 28 of the building will make your jaw drop. It has everything you’ll ever need to lead an extravagant life. The near-endless view of the Mumbai skyline from the nearby Jacuzzi is definitely one to watch out for.
5. Sukh Niwas and Suryavanshi Suites at Rambagh Palace, Jaipur – Rs 10 lakh per night
Stone arches and a royal touch to these suites give it a regal feeling. These suites are some of the most sought after places in the capital of Rajasthan. The perfect destination wedding for rich non-Indians, Rambagh Palace has made its name in various travel guides.
6. Presidential Suite at The Leela Palace New Delhi – Rs 5.5 lakh per night
The décor of this suite personifies the palatial grandeur of the royal heritage of India. This suite is located at the heart of the capital city and it still manages to capture the essence of majestic India. This suite comes with complimentary airport transfers in a BMW and the entire suite is also covered in bullet proof glass.
7. The Grand Presidential Suite at Rambagh Palace – Rs 6 lakh per night
The official residence of the Maharaja of Jaipur, Rambagh Palace is one of the most beautiful palaces in the country. The amazing cuisine and the warmth of the traditional Rajasthani values give it a very Indian appeal.
8. Kohinoor Suite at The Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra – Rs 7.5 lakh per night
What better place to spend a night at after visiting the Taj Mahal than to stay at the most exotic location in the area that provides you a taste of authentic India. The Kohinoor suite has a lot of additional features as well. One of the three private terraces lets you take in the sight with a candlelit alfresco dinner.
9. Nizam Suite at Taj Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad – Rs 7.5 lakh per night
The house of the former Nizam of Hyderabad was converted into a suite and going by the reputation of the Nizam, this suite was always supposed to be one of the most extravagant suites. The brilliant colour palettes and the decadence are sure to add to your Hyderabadi experience.
10. Maharani and Maharaja Suites at Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur – Rs 8.8 lakh (excluding taxes) per night
Initially designed for Maharani Badan Kanwan, these suites are all about the elegance. The simple yet elegant interiors is the reason why Elizabeth Hurley has referred to this suite as the most glamorous suite she has even been to.
11. Presidential Suite at Taj Lands End, Mumbai – Rs 5 lakh (excluding taxes) per night
Classic blues and browns dominate the interiors of this 3,000 sq ft suite. Every room of this suite is sea-facing. The presence of five-fixture bathroom with Jacuzzi, a well-equipped office, personal health centre, yoga kit, and an amply stocked kitchenette with pantry in one of the most beautiful suites on the list validate the high rates.
12. Shambhu Prakash Suite at Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur – Rs 10 lakh (excluding taxes) per night
The vibrant color scheme and the high arches make the Shambhu Prakash Suite stand out from the other places on the list. Bill Gates, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt and Nicole Kidman have all lived in this suite during their India visits.
13. Peacock Suite at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru – 3.75 lakh (excluding taxes) per night
A peacock-feather mural, white-metal and silver-leaf design on the headboard, aquamarine infinity pool : This two-storeyed Presidential Suite is stunning. This suite has a helipad as well for those who like to make a grand entry.
14. The Tata Suite at Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai – Rs 10 lakh (excluding taxes) per night
The Tata Suite at Taj Mahal Palace is the perfect blend of vintage, rich and elegant. Overlooking Gateway of India, this prime suite is the perfect place to spend your time in Mumbai.
15. Luxury Villa in Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur – Rs 3 lakh (excluding taxes) per night
The second entry on our list from Oberoi Rajvilas is the luxury villa. This villa features a charming private swimming pool, ornamented with fountains and rich azure tiles. The 3820 sq ft villa has a personal pool as well.
16. Luxury Suite in Udaivilas, Udaipur – Rs 3 lakh (excluding taxes) per night
With a total area of 1150 square feet (107 square metres), the Luxury Suite features an exquisitely furnished living room, a king size master bedroom, an ensuite bathroom, a dining room, a powder room and a private courtyard.
Now you know the places to visit when you are done browsing the internet and back to living your life with all that imaginary money!