Who said layovers have to be boring? You can do so much more than just sitting at the airport waiting to board your next flight. You can try out local cuisines, do some sight seeing and also visit nearby places, right? So, we have chalked out one-day itineraries for some of the most visited cities in the world, when you have just 24 hours to spare; so you wouldn't have to get bored at the airport. Check it out. You're welcome.
Hungry and tired of waiting at the airport? Just head to a restaurant near by to try out local dishes like baguettes, croissants, macarons, eclairs and french cheese. Click here to know more.
But, if you want to explore this romantic city, you can check out the Effiel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral, Louvre Museum and the Palace of Versailles for an unforgettable trip. Click here to know more.
If you are a foodie, you shouldn't miss out on trying delicious Paranthas, Mutton Korma, Butter Chicken and Shawarma in Delhi. Click here to know more.
- Qutub Minar, Agrasen Ki Baoli, India Gate, Hauz Khas Village Fort, Red Fort and Humayun's Tomb are some of the best historical monuments in Delhi that you can visit if you want to kill time. Click here to know more.
- Why waste time at the airport when you can explore the city? Try out local delectable dishes like Ramen, Tempura, Tendon and Soba Noodles for a satisfying experience. Click here to know more.
- Also, if you wish to explore the city, visit Sensō-ji Temple, The Imperial Palace, Ueno Park and Zoo and the Tokyo Skytree to make the most of your layover. Click here to know more.
- If you love eating as much as traveling, try out Grilled Pork, Yam, Boat Noodles or Sticky Mango Rice at any local restaurant for a scrumptious food experience. Click here to know more.
- Visit Chao Phraya River, Grand Palace, Chinatown, Floating Market or the Wat Saket if you want to do some sight-seeing in the city. Click here to know more.
- Got to halt in Mumbai for a few hours? Hit the local streets and hog on some mouth-watering meals. Vada Pav, Bombay Sandwich, Bheja Fry and Batata Vada are some famous dishes that you must try, if you get the chance. Click here to know more.
- Well, if you want to spend time exploring the city you can visit Gateway of India, Colaba Causeway, Juhu Beach and much more. Click here to know the best places to visit.
- Khao soi, Peameal bacon sandwich, Kings Crown nachos and Empanada are just some of the appetizing dishes you can try in Toronto while waiting for your flight. Click here to know more.
- If you have more than 6 hours to spare, head to the Royal Ontario Museum, Ripley's Aquarium of Canada or Casa Loma if you want to marvel at the architectural beauty, that this city has to offer. Click here to know more.
- Got nothing to do at the airport? Try eating Fish and chips, Falafel, Cornish Pasty or Haggis, if you love trying out different cuisines. Click here to known more.
- You could also book yourself a cab to the Big Ben, the London Eye, The Tower of London or the Westminster Abbey if you want to explore the city. Click here to know more.
- You must try Stroopwafel, Mint Tea, Satay and Poffertjes in Amsterdam if you want to enjoy eating good food while waiting for your next flight. Click here to know more.
- If food doesn't interest you, book a cab and visit the Van Gogh Museum, the Royal Palace of Amsterdam, the EYE-Film Museum or the Canal Belt for some sight seeing. Click here to know more.
- Pork Ribs Soup, Wanton Mee, Fried Carrot Cake and Dim Sum are some popular dishes that you can try out in Singapore while you wait to board your next flight. Click here to know more.
- Got a layover in Singapore for more than 5 hours? Check out Gardens by the Bay, Singapore Flyer, Chinatown and SEA Aquarium if you want to indulge in sight seeing. Click here to know more.
- If eating is your hobby try out Deep dish pizza, Chicago style hot dog, Swedish cinnamon rolls and Jibarito if you want to feast on some scrumptious local cuisines. Click here to know more.
- If your flight is delayed by 5 hours, you may want to do some sight seeing. Millenium Park, Riverwalk, Navy Pier and the Shed Aquarium are some of the best places to visit in Chicago. Click here to know more.
- Pastrami sandwich, De La Sauce burger, Shakshuka hummus and Fish Soup are some local cuisines that are quite popular among the locals that you must try out if you love all things food. Click here to know more.
- Want to click some impressive pictures to make your friends jealous, visit the Brandenburg Gate, East Side Gallery Artwork, the Berliner Dom and Museum Island to marvel at the architectural beauty this city has to offer. Click here to know more.
12. New York
Try out Porterhouse steak, Braised pork shoulder, Pork bun, Lamb over rice and Lasagna alla Bolognese to treat your taste buds with some of the best local dishes. Click here to know more.
No trip is complete without sight seeing so if you have time to spare, stop by the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Empire State Building for Instagram worthy pictures. Click here to know more.
- Hungry kya? Risotto, Ossobucco, Cassoeula and Polenta are some delicious local cuisines that you must try in Milan if you got nothing to to at the airport. Click here to know more.
- Want to soak in the rich cultural heritage of Milan while you wait to board your next flight? Make your way to the Milan Cathedral, the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, the Sforzesco Castle and La Scala for an awe-inspiring experience. Click here to know more.
- Want to try out scrumptious local dishes in Seoul? Try out Korean Spicy Rice Cakes, Grilled Pork Belly BBQ, Pan Fried Chicken and Ginseng Chicken Soup for an authentic Korean experience. Click here to know more.
- Bukcheon Hanok Village, Jogyesa Temple, Jongmyo Shrine, Bukhansan National Park and Banpo Bridge are some gorgeous buildings that you can visit to click some sight seeing if you have a layover of more than 5 hours in the city. Click here to know more.
- Make the most of your layover in Barcelona by visiting the best tourist attractions the city has to offer. You can check out Sagrada Família, Barcelona Cathedral, Montserrat, Park Güell and Casa Milà if you are interested in sight seeing. Click here to know more.
Which city are you planning to visit?