Migraine is said to be one of the most common neurological condition around the world. In India, around 12-15% of people suffer from migraine attacks and hamper the day-to-day functioning of their lives. With the ever searchable quest of knowing the probable ways to get relieved from a migraine pain without exposing the body to the side-effects of hard medicines, we bring to you, 10 hacks that will make your life a little easier.
1. People with migraine often experience sensitivity towards the light. This condition is known as photophobia. If you are getting a migraine attack and cannot dim the brightness around you, make your own darkness by wearing sunglasses indoors.
2. Make sure you stick to your usual schedule as much as possible as consistency will help your body know what is coming your way and may give you fewer migraine attacks.
3. Stress is undoubtedly one of the biggest triggers for migraine pain. Another way to keep your migraine attacks on a low rate is boosting calmness in your life. Take breaks in between your busy schedule to relax and rejuvenate your senses.
4. Certain scents like that of mint or coffee beans can prevent pain and may waive off an attack.
5. Turning up the heat in the form of warm compresses, a steamy shower, or a toasty soak in a bath can ease the tension of tight muscles that might add to your migraine pain.
6. Going another way round, wrapping a cold pack around your neck when a migraine hits can lower your headache pain.
7. Blue light is usually the hardest hue to handle when you deal regularly with migraine. Break away from screens when you feel a migraine coming on.
8. Relaxing your feet can ease tension in other parts of your body, including your head. Sit and put your bare or sock-covered foot on a tennis ball and roll it around.
9. Another spot you can target for tension relief is the fleshy pad between your thumb and first finger. Pinch this area with two fingers and feel around for soreness.
10. If migraines give you nausea, sip peppermint tea and nibble saltines as it can help soothe a crummy tummy.