This year saw a great amount of couture brilliance with amazing gowns from Elie Saab, Gauri and Nainika, Oscar de la Renta, and others. With many celebrities experimenting with their new looks on the red carpet, the year turned out to be quite exciting in the fashion world.
But the year is ending with its winter chill and it’s now time to take a microscopic look at who were the amazingly best dressed celebrities of the year. So, here is our list of the best dressed celebs of 2015:
1. Parineeti Chopra ditched her conventional colour palette and looked ravishing at the Sansui Stardust Awards, 2015.
2. Emma Stone looked graceful as ever in an Elie Saab gown at the Academy Awards, 2015.
3. Scarlett Johansson looked drop dead gorgeous in an emerald green Versace number at the Oscars, 2015.
4. Malaika Arora Khan was floating like a beautiful dream in an Ashi Studio white gown at the IIFA awards this year.
5. Lupita Nyong’o’s rocked this intricately detailed pearl dress by Calvin Klein at the Oscars, 2015.
She looked exquisite in a shimmering floor length gown by Alexandre Vauthier at the Star Wars premiere.
6. Hrithik Roshan went unconventional and looked as yummy as a red velvet cake in a red tuxedo at the IIFA, 2015.
7. Farhan Akhtar in a Govinda Mehta tuxedo and a quirky shirt to give some character looked dapper and funky at the same time.
8. Morena Baccarin looked oh-so-perfect in a red Reem Acra dress at the Emmy, 2015.
9. Amanda Peet chose a black Michael Kors gown at the Emmy, 2015. The beautiful cutout at the bodice and the detail to the dress is just amazing.
10. Sonali Bendre wore a beautiful, sleek orange gown at the 60th Britannia Filmfare awards. This lady has always aced the classy look.
11. Ileana D’Cruz ditched the conventional gowns and rocked a Nikhil Thampi Label black suit with a metallic belt and a cape.
12. Ali Fazal killed it in a maroon tux at the GQ Best Dressed Men 2015 Awards.
13. Sonam Kapoor looked like royalty in an Anamika Khanna couture ensemble with a sheer cape at the Filmfare awards, 2015.
Sonam in Preen by Thornton Bregazzi looked ravishing in the bi-colour dress.
14. Kareena Kapoor carried this delicate Roberto Cavalli Atelier gown perfectly at the Filmfare Glamour and Style Awards, 2015.
She looked like a true Pataudi in this beautiful Payal Khandwala attire.
15. Priyanka Chopra shone bright in this pop orange Tony Maticevski number at the Star Guild Awards, 2015.
She looked sharp, smart and chic in this gown from Ashi Studio that she donned for Grazia Young Fashion Awards.
16. Marion Cotillard looked youthful in a colourful striped frock and black top from Christian Dior Couture, at the Cesar Awards, 2015.
17. Lea Seydoux carried this canary yellow Prada gown confidently, at the BAFTA, 2015. Amazing hair and a dab of that scarlet perfectly completes the look.
18. Nina Dobrev perfected her look with a Versace frock with red paneling at the New York Film Festival, 2015.
19. Alia Bhatt looked her best self in this black strapless gown with yellow printed panels at the Sansui Stardust Awards, 2015.
She wore a lot of print during her promotions for Shaandaar, and we think this Scuba&Glitter star ship print dress was the best of the lot.
20. Cate Blanchett looked so elegant in a velvet Schiaparelli Couture, at the BFI London Film Festival, 2015.
21. Katrina Kaif sizzled in this strapless black gown at the Femina Women Awards, 2015.
She attended the MAMI festival and looked ornately gorgeous in this Anamika Khanna & Maheep Kapoor ensemble.
22. Esha Gupta made heads turn in this marsala hued Ridhi Mehra lehenga at an event in Mumbai in 2015.
23. Emilia Clarke carried this short red sequined dress and looked wonderful after she won the GQ Women of the year award, 2015.
24. Kangana Ranaut looked chic in a bright yellow Gucci skirt and shirt to match. The highlight is certainly the over-sized bow tie.
25. Ryan Gosling doing what he does best – killing us with his looks. He looked sharp in this blue suit at the AFI Fest, 2015.
26. Freida Pinto looked like royalty in this Oscar de la Ranta red elaborate gown at the Oscars, 2015.
27. Deepika Padukone carried this white number by Monisha Jaisingh so gracefully at the HT Most Stylish Awards, 2015.
28. Kendall Jenner looked her confident self in a Azzedine Alaia skirt and crop top at Cannes, 2015.
29. Athiya Shetty looked like sunshine in a canary yellow gown from Gauri and Nainika at the Vogue Beauty Awards, 2015.
30. Jennifer Lopez looked like a fairy in a nude embellished beaded Elie Saab gown at the Oscars, 2015.
31. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan dazzled in a beautiful, dreamy white Georges Hobeika Couture gown at the Sansui Stardust Awards, 2015.
Aishwarya in this black and white creation by Ralph and Russo looked absolutely gorgeous on the red carpet of Cannes, 2015.
32. Kate Hudson sashayed down the red carpet in a sexy white Versace gown and she looked jaw droppingly spectacular!
33. Kajol wore a beautiful black John Paul Ataker and looked like a Greek goddess.
34. Taylor Swift wore a beautiful Elie Saab dress with a contrasting pair of strappies. The colours complimented beautifully and made her look striking.
36. Margot Robbie wore a sheer sleeved Saint Laurent gown and absolutely nailed the look with the simple and chic neck piece.
37. Dakota Johnson sparkled effortlessly in a Chanel Couture sequinned floor-length gown with a beautiful side slit.
38. Meryl Streep looked smart and chic in a Lanvin ensemble at the Academy Awards, 2015. The clutch and earrings added panache to the wonderful outfit.
bandhgala by Shantanu&Nikhil at the Sony Guild Awards, 2015. The neck piece sure makes a statement.
40. Ayushmann Khurrana looked dapper in a Kunal Anil Tanna, Bro Code & Deepak Parwani suit. The bow-tie is just fabulous.