A rash can occur in one small part of the body or can affect a large area. Rashes are usually of many types. They can be dry, moist, bumpy, smooth, cracked, or even blistered and can be painful. The problem of experiencing rashes is really common and you cannot understand its seriousness without knowing the probable cause. Find out 8 common reasons that cause your skin to get all itchy and red.
1. When our skin comes into direct contact with a foreign substance that causes an adverse reaction, we end up getting a rash.
2. Rashes can sometimes be a side effect to certain medicines.
3. A rash can sometimes develop in the area of a bug bite or a flea bite.
4. Eczema is a type of rash that occurs in people as a symptom of asthma or allergies.
5. Rashes can also be a result of cellulitis, a bacterial infection of the skin.
6. Scabies is an infestation by tiny mites that live on and burrow into your skin. It causes a bumpy, itchy rash.
7. Another cause of rashes, particularly in the facial area is Lupus erythematosus, an autoimmune disease that triggers a rash on the cheeks and nose.
8. The viral respiratory infection Measles can also be a cause of itchy and bumpy rashes.
Although the majority of rashes are not a major cause for concern, you must visit a dermatologist if you experience symptoms like high fever and swelling along with it.