Hair is a very vital part of our human body and it is one of that central thing that gives us the confidence of feeling beautiful. However, imagine if it begins to drop out without warning! The reality is more distressing than it sounds. This condition of sudden hair loss that starts with one or more circular bald patches is called alopecia. Here are 7 things that will give you a better knowledge about this condition.
1. Alopecia can be hereditary. Research says that 1 out of every 5 people with alopecia have a family member who also has or has had alopecia in the past.
2. Like all autoimmune diseases, alopecia areata involves your body’s immune system mistakenly targeting healthy cells.
3. Alopecia can also affect your eyebrows, arms, or any other hairy spots on your body.
4. Our hair is made of a protein called keratin. Diets that are high in protein can reduce the effect of hair loss.
5. Alopecia areata can occur in some people due to various reasons like hair loss in childhood, medical condition of eczema etc.
6. A person with mild alopecia areata can expect to have a full head of hair again. However, there is no guarantee that the treatments available will work and the hair will grow back.
7. High levels of stress hormones in the body can also cause hair to fall out.
Top picks for you
ViralHarshita Singhabout 23 hours ago | 1 min read
WomenAaliyah Jain11 days ago | 4 min read