There is still a heavy stigma surrounding divorce, especially for women. The burden of a marriage failing generally ends up falling on women.
Domestic violence and verbal abuse, is unfortunately, a fairly common occurrence in desi households. Because of how pervasive patriarchy is in our country, women rarefy receive support to leave abusive relationships.
1. Sending lots of love and support…
2. Woohoo!! Congratulations!! I wish my mom had brothers who could do that for her. Sadly sisters only… and their husbands make my dad look good.
3. Love it for you!!! Sending you hugs and strength!
4. Ommmggg, I’m so happy for you and your mom!! Sending virtual hugs!!
5. So happy for you and your mom!! <3 Be her rock!
6. I’m so happy and proud of you both.
Today we’re seeing daughters help their mothers through divorce, soon we may be able to see divorce as a perfectly acceptable and healthy decision to make, especially in abusive dynamics.