The cowardly attack at the Charlie Hebdo office in Paris had a ripple effect the killers never anticipated. It revealed how united artists all over the world are. Here are some of the best drawings that were seen on social media as soon as news of the attack spread.
1. Sadly, pun intended.
2. That's one army the terrorists cannot disarm
3. Brings back memories
4. You're offended? So what?
6. We stand with free speech
7. We've got the more powerful weapon
8. And we'll celebrate our heroes
9. Sad day for all cartoonists and satirists
10. What they really killed
11. Confused ideology or convenient hypocrisy
12. True words
13. Ducks (often implying newspapers in France) will always fly higher than guns
14. The scales are tipped towards us
15. Faith so weak that even a brush is a threat
16. Quick! Hide before the pencil spots us
17. Don't they know we're indestructible
18. Death can't put a stop to this
19. "But I don't want to be avenged!"
20. Excuse for intolerance
21. "Oh no... Not them..."
22. You can't kill art
23. Because the ink will never run dry
24. One that poked fun at both terrorists and editors
26. Didn't see this coming, did you?
27. This is how you waste a bullet
28. "I am Charlie"
29. "The world has become so serious that humor is a risky profession"
30. Bringing guns to a pencil fight
31. "Grab your weapons, mates!"
32. This explains the masks
33. This goes out to everyone who tries to silence the artists
If this is war, we can win it with art.