Everyone has at least one friend who is the quintessential overachiever. We all know them: Your parents love them, they shine in your friend circle and rock at their jobs. While we keep struggling for little things in life, these overachieving friends are always one step ahead. How can a person top a class consistently, manage to have fun with friends, stay super fit, cook gourmet food and work with an N.G.O.? They sometimes make us question our own capabilities and wonder, “What am I doing with my life?”
Do you have a friend who excels beyond expectation at whatever he/she does? Well, then this is a must read for you.
1. You can’t figure out which college to attend, but your friend has already taken admission at an IVY league school.
2. When you get your answer sheets, both of you cry for 2 marks. You failed by 2 marks. She missed 100 by 2 marks.
3. You’re proud to have started learning French. Your friend can speak, read AND write in five languages
4. You save for three months and plan a weekend trip to Kullu-Manali. In the meantime, your friend has already been on three foreign trips!
5. On a common friend’s birthday, no matter how much you spend on a gift, the overachiever always tops it with a better gift.
6. You are excited about buying a second-hand Alto after saving for a year. Your friend is already driving a Skoda.
7. Going for a jog with this friend is never a good idea because while you jog, he/she sprints like an athlete.
8. While you are stalking your crush on Facebook, this friend confidently approaches him/her. BAM! Relationship status changes on FB.
9. You can’t even plan your weekend and the overachiever has planned out his/her entire future.
10. You are thrilled to move out of your parents’ place and rent a one-room apartment. Your friend has already bought a house!
11. Your biggest nightmare comes true when you land your dream job and find out that you boss’ boss is your overachieving friend.
Overachievers can always make you feel like a loser with their magical powers to excel at everything they do. So, keep calm and stop crying!