You can say whatever you want, but if you're not Bengali, you don't know the true value of these products. Did you know for example, that the healing properties of Boroline are multiplied manifolds when heated? Or that doubling your Brainolia dosage before exams would definitely bring in positive results?
Seriously, these are trade secrets coming straight from a Bong's mouth. These things exist solely because of how religiously the Bengali community uses them.
1. Mustard oil
For that extra pungent fish and mutton.
2. Jharna/Lakshmi brand Ghee
Cause you ain't had naaathing till you had some jharna ghee with bhaat .
3. Hardcore digestive medicines to deal with the acidity and gas that follows:
4. And when all else fails...
5. Kyunki motion se hi emotion!
6. The go-to medicine for everything skin related:
7. And the no fail beauty tip that every girl needs to know about
8. A superfine hair toiletry
9. And other assorted hair oils:
10. Alta: to add a little more spunk to a lady's feet
And hands, when required.
11. Hawai chappal: Most versatile footwear ever!
From political statements to firm whacks on the head. All in one rubber slipper!
12. The ONE non-digestive medicine every Ma swears by
Brainolia: sharpening Bong brains since God knows when.
13. Mosquito nets a.k.a moshari
Rite of passage to adulthood = successfully puts up moshari without any help from parents.
14. Homeopathic medicine: for everything Gelusil can't solve.
Especially Arnica for anything pain related.
15. And of course, a thick, hardy monkey cap
I swear, the guy who invented this must have been a Bong. *brrr!*
Admit it, non-Bong readers, you know nothing about these things compared to a thorough bred Bengali child.
Edit: There seems to be a little confusion regarding the numbering and the number of "things" here. There are seventeen items under fifteen heads.