There's no denying the power of love in the world. From songs by The Beatles to movies like Interstellar, love has been celebrated and projected since time immemorial. There is, however, a saturation point, and sometimes, forcing that same love down people's throats gets a little too much. Valentine's Day might be fun for some, but for others, it's just a reminder of how sucky their lives are. Here's a few things that make you feel 'meh' on the Day of Love.
1. Status updates like "I love my coochie coo" which makes you want to backhand slap all those involved.
2. Little hearts on the doors of every market store, including those at Palika Bazaar. Is nothing sacred anymore!?
3. Messages from random companies saying 'gift bae something special this year'. How'd you get my number?!
4. The constant fight between the liberals and the far-right activists over the 'westernization' of India. EVERY freaking year!
5. The pressure to find a date even though you said you wouldn't get sucked into the hype.
6. PINK! EVERYWHERE! On the walls, on the ceiling, it's a visual assault of the pukey kind.
7. And teddy bears everywhere too! Just a totally fluffy attack on the senses.(Except the massive ones... those are cool)
8. Things get so mushy that it just feels like your entire being is going through a metaphorical sugar overdose. Too much sweet.
9. If you're in a relationship, then one of you expects the other to make the day special, and it's usually a let down.
10. Plus people ask you what you did on Valentine's Day, and you say the usual- fancy dinner and wine (Booooring).
11. The crowds at most places to eat is greater than the crowds at the Maha Kumbh.
12. The roses that are everywhere and also priced higher than the moon (If the moon was on sale of course).
13. Romantic comedies playing on every channel throughout the day, enough to make you puke from your eyes.
14. People around you saying things like "There's plenty more fish in the sea". What is this, the 70s!?
15. All the single people whining about how they don't have anybody to love and how their lives are meaningless. Suck it up and move on!
So there you go! No matter how bad a Valentine's you think you're having, someone out there has got it worse!