Challans are the new phobia for most Indians since the Motor Vehicles Amendment Act came into effect on September 1.
Here’s a list of hefty challans levied on people driving two-wheelers, four-wheelers and even trucks.
1. Man in Gurugram was fined ₹23,000 on September 3.
A man was fined in Gurugram just 48 hours after the act came into effect.
2. Man in Delhi was fined ₹27,000 on September 3.
Couple of days after the challan in Gurugram, a man was fined ₹27,000 by Delhi Traffic Police for violating rules in Mayapuri.
3. Truck driver in Gurugram was fined ₹59,000 on September 4.
A truck driver in Gurugram was challaned ₹59,000 for as many as 10 different traffic violations.
4. Auto driver in Gurugram was fined ₹32,500 on September 5.
Having seen stricter laws, Gurugram was not having it easy from police officials.
5. Scooty driver in Haryana was fined ₹16,000 on September 5.
A scooty driver in Haryana’s Kaithal was slapped a hefty fine of ₹16,000 by the Haryana police for having no documents on him.
6. Auto driver in Odisha was fined ₹47,500 on September 5.
Taking things even further, an auto driver in Bhubaneshwar was fined ₹47,500 for allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol.
7. Truck driver in Delhi was fined a whopping ₹1,41,700 on September 9.
Setting a new record, a truck, with a Rajasthan registration number, was challaned ₹1,41,700 for violating traffic rules.
8. Truck driver in Odisha was fined ₹86,500 on September 9.
A truck, with a Nagaland registration number, was fined ₹86,500 in Sambalpur, Odisha.
Only time will tell whether this step makes a difference in the future.