It isn’t always easy being our true selves, in a society like ours.
Especially, if you don’t fall into the narrow, approved “standards” of what society deems acceptable. We’re surrounded by people who are so obsessed with other people’s lives that they hardly have their own. From judging others for their choices to cracking mean jokes, they’re always ready to interfere. This also includes joking about someone else’s appearance. And sadly, fat-shaming tops the list – where people think that making a remark on a person’s body and size is funny.
While, it’s impossible to spot the punchline in their jokes, it’s not very difficult to spot such people – they are usually disguised as well-wishers. So, if you see a ‘well-wisher’ who thinks commenting on your body is funny, mudho aur bhaag jao.
On other days, when you’d like to leave them speechless, here are some comebacks that’d help:
1. “You’re cute like a teddy bear, but if you lost weight, you’ll be beautiful.”
2. “You’re so big, does that mean that you have a big heart too?”
3. “I’m so scared of pissing you off. What if you sit on me?”
4. “Losing weight will help you gain some confidence.”
5. “Tu matt chal, thak jayegi.”
6. “You basically never eat alone na? You’ve to order for two anyway.”
7. “Maybe drop some weight. You can then wear anything.”
8. “You’ve gained some weight during the pandemic. Ate a lot?”
9. “Let’s talk about the elephant in the room. Haha, not you.”
10. “Tu toh lunch bhi do baar karti hogi?”
11. “It looks like you’ve ordered for all of us.”
12. “You should start losing the weight. Otherwise, it’ll be difficult finding a match.”
13. “There’s news about the earthquake. Was it you?”
14. “Yeh food delivery apps ka aadha buisness toh teri wajah se hai.”
15. “You’ve gained a lot since the last time we met.”
Breaking News: Fat-shaming isn’t funny, but offensive.