Thanks to the wonders of technology, virtual dating has totally become 'a thing'. But even if we're dating through a screen, we're not off the hook. We still have to put in the right effort, so that our date knows we're nothing less than P.H.A.T!
So if you too are looking for love online through virtual dating then here are 10 golden tips you must follow to ace it.
1. Thou shalt just be thyself
Take long breaths, and just stop freaking out. For all you know, they might be even more nervous about meeting you. Just remember to be comfortable and have a good time.
2. Thou shalt maketh sure thy int'rnet is fast
3. Thou shalt picketh the right background
No, we aren't talking about a virtual background. Do NOT do that! It is important to pick a space that best shows your personality and interests. It can be your bedroom or your living area. Just remember, what's in the background speaks just as much about you as what's in the foreground.
4. Thou shalt weareth something comf'rtable but stylish
5. Thou shalt setteth the lighting right
6. Thou shalt show thou art int'rest'd
7. Thou shalt setteth the cam'ra at eye level
Try to set your laptop or phone at eye level. This is important because uneven levels can inadvertently make one of you come across as dominating, which is not great.
8. Thou shalt not checketh thy Facebook on the side
As in real life, so in the virtual. Do not think you can fool your date by opening a new tab and check your Facebook or finish your office work while the date is going on. Shut everything down, this is time for you two. Don't do anything else. Trust me, one can tell.
9. Thou shalt maketh sure thou art not interrupted
Dating virtually means you will be home, probably with other people there as well. But nobody wants to talk to your Dad, or your annoying roommate on the first date. Make sure you have some alone time and that nobody will disturb your date.
10. Thou shan't feareth asking f'r a second date
If things go well on in this date and you guys hit it off, don't be afraid of scheduling the next one. If you don't want to do that, at least let the other person know you'd be interested in a second date.