While a lot goes into planning a wedding, it takes only one good reason to call it quits. Don't believe me? Here's proof.
1. This bride called off her wedding because the groom could not read the newspaper without his glasses.
The bride's family was unaware of the groom's weak eyesight and after watching him struggle, they gave him a test to read the newspaper without glasses, which he failed. So the bride and his family called off the wedding, the bride's father Arjun Singh even said that, "I had no idea that the groom's eyesight was so weak. My daughter, on knowing the fact, decided to call off the marriage." The bride's family then demanded that the money they spent on the wedding and dowry be returned, and even filed a police complaint against the groom's family when they did not return the money.
2. This bride called off wedding after the groom abused her relatives during ‘Juta churai’.
A groom, Vivek Kumar and his baraat were sent back when he lost his cool and started abusing the bride's side during the juta churai. When people tried to calm him down, he slapped a person and the wedding was called off by the bride. However, the groom, his father and two relatives were held captive by the bride's family until the police arrived and they reached a conclusion.
3. A bride from UP called off her wedding after the groom turned up at the event chewing gutka.
4. A bride from UP called it quits after the groom failed to recite the multiplication table of 2.
5. A man from UP called off his wedding as his to-be bride "spent too much time on Whatsapp".
On 11th September 2018, Qamar Haidar, the groom, never showed up at the bride's house for the nikah. When a relative from the bride's house went to the groom's place to check what happened, the groom said he didn't want to get married as the bride spends too much time on Whatsapp.
6. This bride from UP called off her wedding after the groom tried to force her to dance on stage.
7. This bride from Bihar called it quits after the groom arrived at the ceremony in a drunken state.
8. This bride from UP called off the marriage after the groom broke into a 'nagin' dance after the exchange of the garlands.
The groom was also visibly drunk. The bride wasn't pleased with his behaviour and she had had enough of him so she decided to call it quits. This incident took place on 11th November 2019.
9. A bride from Bihar called off her wedding after the groom seemed 'scared' following a lightning strike.
10. This groom from UP called off the wedding as he wasn't served non-veg food.
11. This woman from Bihar backed out from marriage at the last minute after seeing the groom in person.
Allegedly, the bride was shown a photograph of a different man on Whatsapp. The groom's family created a ruckus but, they eventually left after some locals intervened. This incident took place on 5th March 2021.
12. A bride from Odisha called off the wedding after a fight broke out over mutton curry.
It happens only in India!