Akshay Kumar is considered the busiest actor in Bollywood because he does the most number of films in a year. No wonder we all loved watching him in Hera Pheri, Welcome, and or even Bhool Bhulaiyaa.
Nonetheless, like other Bollywood celebs, there have been times when Akshay was brutally trolled on social media for some right and wrong reasons. Let's have a look, shall we?
1. When Akshay Kumar remarked that today Prithviraj is only mentioned in a few lines in our history books. He said:
Nobody is there to write about it in our history books. I would like to appeal to the Education Minister to look into this matter and see if we can balance it. We should know about the Mughals but know about our kings also, they were great too:
People quickly pointed out how untrue this opinion was and corrected him with the following Tweets:
There are two entire chapters about Prithviraj Chauhan in NCERT Class 7 history textbook. Lekin Canada Kumar ko propaganda se fursat mile tab wo padhega na.— Musab Qazi (@musab1) June 1, 2022
PS: Mughals were our kings too pic.twitter.com/1FycTI3kJp
Dear @akshaykumar/@smitaprakash— Abhishek G. Bhaya अभिषेक অভিষেক ابھیشک 加冕礼 (@abhishekbhaya) June 1, 2022
It's clear that u never bothered to read ur #History books. I was in school (CBSE) in 80s/90s & had read about all the major Indian kingdoms/dynasties. Plz at least check the History books of your kids. Wonder if @mrsfunnybones has a view on this? https://t.co/BkO5TzF5bG
2. When people trolled Akshay Kumar's Prithviraj for being factually incorrect. Many pointed out the plot holes in the movie and called it a classic example of life after death.
The movie Prithvi Raj is a classic example of life after death !!!— Pradeep Saxena (@Pradeep30341602) June 3, 2022
Prithvi Raj Chauhan died in 1192, but he returned from the dead to kill Mohammad Ghori in 1206; 14 years later.
Not studying about Prithviraj Chauhan is possibly why Akshay Kumar doesn't know the age at which the Rajput king died. Nothing else explains a 54 year old agreeing to play a 25-26 year old. That's one mystery solved.— YellowStoneDragon 🌈 (@karishmau) June 2, 2022
Thread: Last Hindu King? (Samrat Prithviraj Chauhan died in 1192).— Kumar Vikram (@KumarVikram73) June 3, 2022
Who were the Chalukya-Parmars (940-1244 CE)?
Who were the Cholas? (Continued till 1279).
What was Ahom dynasty? (1228-1826).
What was Kakatiya dynasty? (1163-1323) +
3. Apparently, everything he is saying about Samrat Prithviraj is subjected to troll. Akshay requested his fans to not give out spoilers for Samrat Prithviraj, but netizens are like CBSE already did that.
Apparently it's based on History but has spoilers. Lolz. 😂😂😂 https://t.co/1mCAKHCOlU— Drunk Journalist (@drunkJournalist) June 2, 2022
Historical movies ke spoiler tou CBS board bachpan se de rha h,jahil ke bachhe @akshaykumar— Abdullah (@copycreate2) June 3, 2022
Akshay Kumar requests fans not to give away spoilers about Prithviraj.— Shirin Khan (@Shirinkhan0) June 3, 2022
History doesn't have spoilers, but works of fiction do.
Also, this happened:
Man— shahil kumar (@shahilk86390604) June 7, 2022
When you started research your
Heroine was 7 years old
What epic research
4. When Akshay Kumar said that 'Tip Tip Barsa Pani' was all about him, people reminded him how no one can replace Raveena Tandon in a yellow saree! We agree.
Sir with due respect, no one remembers that you were also there in that song. https://t.co/ipmSNTAfLe— Amit (@Goddamittt) June 23, 2019
You were good. But no one can replace @TandonRaveena in a yellow saree— Purav Parekh (@PuravParekh) June 20, 2019
5. When netizens pointed out Akshay Kumar's hypocrisy to endorse Vimal Pan masala. People shared an old video of him claiming that celebs should not endorse products like tobacco. Nonetheless, he later issued an apology.
Oh, wait, someone on Twitter also found this after his apology note.
Since it is an honest clarification, I'd wish there was honesty in the statement Akki sir 🙏 pic.twitter.com/40g6GwcoWl— BRIJWA SRK FAN (@BrijwaSRKman) April 20, 2022
6. When people called him out for glorifying manual scavenging which is an illegal practice in India. This is what the tweet said, which was later deleted.
I thought manual scavenging was illegal in India. This is surely something to be fixed, not celebrated? https://t.co/fU33oGA0eV— Aliya Nazki (@AliyaNazki) October 5, 2017
7. When Akshay Kumar thought walking 21 km on a treadmill would be a good idea to understand the plight of rural women. People were clearly pissed:
Walking on a electricity powered treadmill inside an air-conditioned studio wearing sneakers and talking about the plight of women who have to walk kilometres to fetch water. 🤦🏽♂️— JayJay (@JamProlio) January 26, 2021
Hypocrisy thy name is Akshay Kumar. pic.twitter.com/TUznZmFx9R
8. When Akshay Kumar was brutally trolled to delete one of his old tweets, in which he criticised the rising petrol prices.
The ABVP Pracharak , Canadian Citizen , Padma Shri @akshaykumar Has Deleted His Tweet Regarding #Petrol Price Hike .. Request Him To Re-tweet it back As We Have Reached At Highest #FuelPrice Now .. Or is like 'sarkar ka chakkar babu bhaiyya' .. ! pic.twitter.com/XZmdqc3yJC— Niraj Bhatia (@bhatia_niraj23) May 21, 2018
9. When Twitizens called out Akshay Kumar for contradicting statements. He urged people to donate money for the construction of a temple, but fans shared an old clip and called him a hypocrite.
बहुत खुशी की बात है कि अयोध्या में हमारे श्री राम के भव्य मंदिर का निर्माण शुरू हो चूका है...अब योगदान की बारी हमारी है l मैंने शुरुआत कर दी है, उम्मीद है आप भी साथ जुड़ेंगे l जय सियाराम 🙏🏻 pic.twitter.com/5SvzgfBVCf— Akshay Kumar (@akshaykumar) January 17, 2021
I agree with this guy. But he doesn’t agree with himself now. https://t.co/gmkkS9Tx8K— Vinit Raichandani🇮🇳 (@FreebirdGhalib) January 18, 2021