Anupam Mittal is probably one of the most loved judges of Shark Tank India. He is an alumnus of Boston University and co-founder of Shaadi.com. We bring you some unknown interesting facts about the business giant.
1. He received the Karmaveer Puraskaar
Anupam Mittal received the Karamveer Puraskaar in the category "Entrepreneurs for Social Change" for changing how Indians looked at marriage.
2. He used to run a WordPress blog
The CEO of the People group used to have a blog on WordPress, under the username "anupammittal.com" where he shared his feelings, whether it's about writing a letter to his niece, or the Mumbai attacks. The blog was last active in 2016.
3. He featured in Business Week
Mittal featured in Business Week in ‘50 Most Powerful People in India'. He has also been on the list of 25 people to watch out for by ‘The Week’ Magazine too.
4. He started Shaadi.com as "Sagaai.com"
Mittal started Sagaai.com in 1997. In 2001, he quit his job at MicroStrategy and moved back to India. He renamed the site Shaadi.com.
5. He also runs Makaan.com and Mauj.com
6. He became an angel investor in 2007
7. He has invested in Bollywood films
Anupam Mittal invested in two Bollywood films- Flavors and 99.
8. He is the co-founder of the Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI)
Not only is he the co-founder of IAMAI, but he was also its chairman in the past. He is also the founding co-chairman of H2 India.
9. He made the IMPACT Digital Power 100 list for three years consecutively
Were you aware of these interesting facts about Anupam Mittal?