Mercedes-Benz entered the Indian car market back in 1994 and since then, they have produced cars that have captured our imagination and made us feel that we should own them. From the luxury saloons that have been ruling the roads to the hatchbacks that have recently made their mark, here's what Mercedes-Benz has brought to & achieved in India.
1. Mercedes-Benz recorded its highest ever sales in 2017 (January - December).
A record number of 15,330 units were sold, which was a 15% hike from December 2016.
2. 2017 was also the best ever H2 for the German car maker.
Between July and December 2017, Mercedes sold a record 8,159 units in the country, a 23% increase from July-December 2016.
3. The E-Class keeps the tag of the Best Executive Sedan of the country.
The long wheelbase E-Class is a favourite and continues to create an exceptional demand for all its variants.
4. The GLC, GLE & GLS range of SUVs continue to dominate their segments.
Their range of SUVs retained top slots for two consecutive years and even saw a double-digit growth in 2017.
5. At the 14th Auto Expo, Mercedes-Benz will showcase the pinnacle of luxury, future mobility & versatility.
The Mercedes-Maybach S 650, the pinnacle of luxury, will be launched at this year's Auto Expo. It will be a highlight of their 2018 line-up.
6. Let's not forget, they'll also be showing off their ambitious 'Concept EQ'.
The Concept EQ will be showcased to clearly manifest Mercedes-Benz's direction towards creating a sustainable ecosystem of services, technologies & innovations. EQ stands for Electric Intelligence and is derived from Mercedes-Benz's brand values of 'Emotion & Intelligence.'
7. Along with the future, Mercedes-Benz will showcase the new E-Class All Terrain.
The new E-Class All Terrain sedan comes with SUV-like ground clearance, larger wheels & 4MATIC All-Wheel Drive. No wonder, you can get the best of both worlds with it.
8. The German beasts, the AMG division of Mercedes-Benz will also be there at the Expo.
The Mercedes-AMG Formula 1 cars, the AMG GT R, AMG GLC 43 & AMG SLC 43 will also be showcased at 14th Auto Expo.
All in all, it looks like the German automobile manufacturer has cemented its place in the hearts of Indian fans. The awards and the laurels they have won are a proof that they are headed on the right track. Needless to say, their pavilion at the 14th Auto Expo is going to be quite LIT. So don't forget to check it out!