Some influencers do all kinds of weird things to gain popularity on social media. From lying about their lifestyle to editing their pictures, they’ve done it all and have been exposed for faking it.
Here’s a list of influencers who were called out for their lies and actions.
1. Last year in July, a Chinese vlogger was exposed for using facial filters to make herself look younger.
2. This YouTuber was exposed for faking colour blindness in 2016.
Logan Paul made a video where he claimed his colour blindness was cured by a pair of sunglasses. In reality, he didn’t have any colour blindess and he could see all colours. In his defense he said that he just wanted to make amazing content which showed what it means to be colour blind. He also accepted that he did exaggerate his reaction. Here’s the video.
3. In 2019, this Instagram couple were criticized when they asked for $11,000 from their followers to be able to go on a vaction.
4. This Instagram influencer was exposed for documenting her motorcycle crash and was accused of sponsoring the posts and glamorizing the accident.
5. This young YouTuber was exposed by her dad for lying about her age and also duping people into thinking she was pregnant.
6. This Chinese influencer was called out by her landlord, last year in September, for pretending to live a glamorous lifestyle. In reality, she lived in a filthy apartment.
7. This so called Instagram influencer was mocked for promoting “butthole sunning” in 2019.
8. In November 2019, this YouTuber was called out by her followers for lying about the fact that her house was haunted.
9. Sarah McDaniel, an Instagram influencer lied about having heterochromia (two different coloured iris’) and her career was basically ruined because of it.
Last year in March, she got exposed when people noticed that her eye color kept changing, often going from being a deep blue to a bright turquoise. Her dad agreed that she was lying too. In her defense she said that her eyes sometimes look different in different light and that she does have heterochromia.
10. This Instagram influencer was called out by her own sister for faking a hiking picture.
In 2019, Casey Sosnowski from Florida posted a picture of herself going on a hike at Lake Okahumpka Park and Trail. Everything seemed fine until her sister, Carly stated that the picture was actually clicked in their backyard and not the hiking park, as Casey claimed.
My sister said she was going hiking…..this is our backyard. pic.twitter.com/LDGhAHNSSp— ℂ𝕒𝕣𝕝𝕪 𝕊𝕠𝕤𝕟𝕠𝕨𝕤𝕜𝕚 (@carlysos3) August 4, 2019
11. Indian fashion influencer Santoshi Shetty received flak for offering therapy for ₹1500 on Instagram.
So Santoshi Shetty wants people to pay her so that she could give them “positive energy and vibes”. And when being called out that she is not qualified to be a therapist, goes on to delete those comments, cuz positive vibezz onlay. pic.twitter.com/OVUu1Kt2rH— मनहूस Joseph (@bigdeekenergyy) July 6, 2020
12. Famous Tik-Toker’s Charli D’Amelio and her sister Dixie were called out for their controversial behaviour in a YouTube video which was posted in November this year.
13. This Swedish Instagram influencer was trolled heavily after she apparently faked a trip to Paris in 2018.
14. In 2018, this influencer was exposed by the owner of a hotel for asking for a free stay.
15. Instagram influencer Nitibha Kaul got called out for using poor people as objects and props for a Sabyasachi X H&M photoshoot.
She uploaded several pictures on her Instagram in which she can be seen posing wearing the latest Sabyasachi X H&M collection saree along with poor people in the background.
The audacity of this influencer to wear a 10k saree & use poor people as background objects for it. Nitibha Kaul has a million followers & her entire page is full of using poor people as aesthetics. Are these people being paid a fair share of her money for collab? They better be pic.twitter.com/JB0S1yEA6t— Sankul Sonawane (@Sankul333) August 15, 2021
How is this still considered an acceptable idea? https://t.co/Q2dqmstRnP— Madhu 🌱 (@madhur1ma) August 16, 2021
Nitibha Kaul appeared in season 10 of the popular reality show Bigg Boss in 2016.
The things people do on social media.